Car safety is more than just making sure everyone is wearing their seatbelt. Whether you're going for a long trip or just around the corner, these car safety tips are sure to be of help. The following are 8 car safety tips for safe driving.
Here are 8 car safety tips for safe driving:
- If you are de-icing your windows never use hot water, it could cause the glass to crack and shatter.
- After a snowfall make sure to clear off your car mirrors, head and taillights and license plate before driving.
- Unoccupied child booster seats can become projectiles in a car accident. When not in use, store them in the trunk or buckle them in with a seatbelt to make sure they are secure.
- Keep your car's trunk and or hatch locked and secured at all times.
- When travelling on a road trip, make sure your vehicle is not a target for theft. Never leave road maps in plain sight and store luggage in your hotel room at night.
- Test your garage door's reverse sensor regularly by placing a roll of paper towels in the door's path. If the door does not immediately reverse after contacting the roll, get the door repaired.
- Did you know? There are three main types of distracted driving: Visual (taking your eyes off the road), manual (taking hands off the wheel) and cognitive (taking your mind off what you're doing.)
- According to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, you shouldn't leave your car in cruise control when driving late at night or when you're tired. If you fall asleep at the wheel, your car could crash at the speed set on the car's cruise control.